Get in the Christmas mood with this festive breakfast. A perfect healthy start to any December morning.
Recipe: Christmas spiced toasted muesli
Prep and cooking time: 45 mins
- 200g rolled oats or gluten-free oats
- 45g desiccated or flaked coconut
- 45g pumpkin seeds
- 150g mixed roasted pecans, chestnuts, hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 orange zested
- 85g butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg white, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix lightly.
- Whisk the egg white (if using) in a separate bowl until it reaches soft peaks; it should start to look white and creamy. This can take 5-7 minutes with a fork or 3 minutes with a hand-held whisk.
- Add the melted butter/oil and foamy egg white (if using) to the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread the mixture onto a lined baking tray evenly
- Bake for 30-35mins, or until golden. Check the baking at around 15mins for colour, and mix lightly. Adjust the heat if necessary.
- Turn the oven off and leave the muesli in the oven with the door slightly ajar until it cools.
- Once cool, store in an airtight jar or container, and consume within one week