This is a great recipe for a quick and easy lunch or breakfast on the go. It keeps well, and you can even freeze it.
This dish is packed full of protein thanks to the eggs and cottage cheese, which will keep you feeling fuller for longer!
Previously eggs had been thought to contribute to higher cholesterol, but this has actually been debunked, so you don’t need to worry about how many eggs you’re having (as ever, in moderation!). They contain lots of vitamins and minerals and have even been linked to lowering your risk of stroke.
Enjoy it hot or cold, with a side salad. Watch the video or find the full recipe below:
Recipe: Savoury Slice
Prep and cooking time: 45 mins – 1 hour
- 6 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1 cup (125g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tub (300g) cottage cheese
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Making the Savoury Slice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cheeses, courgettes, spring onions, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan (square or rectangular) lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through and lightly browned on top.
The savoury slice can be cut into squares and eaten as a snack or with a side salad for a meal. You can also add different vegetables if you prefer – let us know your favourite combination!