These muffins are packed full of flavour and are lovely, and moist. They taste fantastic with smoked salmon and a salad for a filling meal, or on their own as a quick grab-and-go option.
Recipe: Savoury muffins
Prep and cooking time: 20 mins
- 6 eggs
- 200g ground almonds
- 60g fine oats
- 60ml milk
- 50g butter, melted and cooled
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground paprika or dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 large handful kale, finely sliced
- 1 large green pepper, finely diced
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/200°C fan.
- Generously butter a 12 cup muffin tin or line it with baking paper and set aside (butter will help to crisp the outside of the muffin – this is how we prefer ours).
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and mix well with a fork or whisk.
- Add the ground almonds, oats, milk, cooled butter, baking soda, baking powder, paprika (if using), generously season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Using a large spoon, lightly mix in the kale, pepper, spring onion, and feta. Evenly divide the mixture into the muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes.
Second Nature special tip
Get creative with the filling in these muffins by trying your favourite cheese and vegetable combos. They’re a great way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge!