The great taste of an omelette, but in a conveniently transportable size. Mini omelettes make a great snack or simply serve a few with salad for a satisfying meal.
Recipe: Mini omelettes
Prep and cooking time: 45 mins – 1hr
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2-3 handfuls spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sundried tomatoes, finely sliced (optional)
- 8 medium or large eggs
- 125ml milk
- 1⁄2 tsp ground paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 60g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Fry the onion, pepper, and tomato for 8mins, or until soft.
- Add the spinach, mix well, and cook for 2mins. Remove from the heat and add the sundried tomatoes (if using).
- Break the eggs into a large bowl. Add the milk, paprika, chilli, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a fork or whisk.
- Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin tin. Divide the vegetables evenly between the 12 cups. Carefully fill the cups with the egg mix and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 15-20mins, until the omelettes are just cooked through and slightly browned on the top.