Peanut butter and jam is a classic flavour match. Put a new spin on your classic porridge with this salty and sweet combo.
Recipe: Peanut butter and jam oats
Prep and cooking time: 12 mins
- 40g rolled oats
- 250ml milk
- 2 tsp chia seeds or milled flaxseed
- 60g frozen berries
- 60ml water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Mix the rolled oats, milk, and 1 tsp of the chia seeds or milled flaxseed in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5mins, or until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Meanwhile, make the berry jam in another pot. Stir in the frozen berries and the remaining 1 tsp of chia seeds or milled flaxseed with the 60ml water. Simmer for 4-5mins, or until lightly stewed.
- Transfer the oats into a serving bowl and add a splash of milk if required, to get the desired consistency.
- Top the oats with the berry jam and 1 tbsp of peanut butter.