A delicious side dish for little effort, these paprika-roasted chickpeas are a great swap for crisps or a delicious accompaniment to any meal. They’re best eaten fresh, as that’s when they’ll be most crispy!
Recipe: Spicy Chickpeas
Prep and cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced.
- Evenly coat the chickpeas with paprika, chilli flakes, tomato paste, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place the chickpeas in the oven for 15mins or until slightly dryer but still plump, stir frequently and be careful not to burn!