A delicious side dish for little effort, these paprika-roasted chickpeas are a great swap for crisps or a delicious accompaniment to any meal. They’re best eaten fresh, as that’s when they’ll be most crispy!
Recipe: Spicy Chickpeas
Prep and cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced.
- Evenly coat the chickpeas with paprika, chilli flakes, tomato paste, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place the chickpeas in the oven for 15mins or until slightly dryer but still plump, stir frequently and be careful not to burn!
Afraid I hate tomato – what could I use instead as the paste?
Do these have any complex carbs in them? What quantity are you meant to eat as a snack – is there guidance
Hi Lisa, thanks for your question! There is 1 complex carb portion per serving of the spicy chickpeas. There are 4 servings in this recipe 🙂
If you did a standard size tin of chickpeas, how many carb servings would that be?
Hi Lizzie, this recipe contains 2x400g chickpeas and provides 4 servings. Each serving contains 1 complex carb portion. If using just one tin, there would be 2 portions of complex carbs.
Great recipe, how do I store them? Also what kind of time limit fo they have?
Hi Mary, great question! These are best eaten in the same day. They could be stored in an airtight container for a couple of days, however they won’t have the same crunchy texture.
Can these be frozen or stored for a week?
Hi Sue! Thanks for your query. This recipe is best eaten fresh to enjoy the crunchy texture of the roasted chickpeas.
Sorry, just asked pretty same question.could they be place in a air tight container in the fridge for a few days?