A healthier take on the canape classic – smoked salmon blini! Perfect for festive parties or a starter for your Christmas dinner.
Recipe: Latkes with smoked salmon
Prep and cooking time: 20-30 mins
- 250g potatoes, grated
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1/2 small brown onion, grated
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g sour cream or cream cheese
- 60g smoked salmon
- 1 handful fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Grate the courgette, potato, and onion, and squeeze out the moisture by placing in cheesecloth, a clean pair of tights, or a tea towel. Drain extremely thoroughly.
- Combine the courgette, potato, onion, and egg into a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- With your hands, mold the mixture into 10-12 small fritter-size patties
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and allow it to heat up. Once the oil is hot, place your latkes into the pan for 3-4 minutes on each side, until crispy
- Once the latkes are done, top with cream cheese or sour cream, smoked salmon, and fresh dill. Serve with lemon wedges.