A Christmas classic! Try our lower-sugar version of everyone’s favourite Christmas sauce.
Recipe: Cranberry sauce
Prep and cooking time: 45 mins
- 300g cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 oranges, juiced and half zested
- 150ml water
- 100g apple puree
- 1-2 tbsp honey (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries and orange zest, and juice. Simmer over a low/medium heat.
- Add the apple puree and water.
- Stir occasionally and cook for 30mins or until cranberries have softened and popped.
- Taste the sauce once it has softened. It will be more tart than typical cranberry sauce. If you’d like a little more sweetness add 1-2 tbsp of honey and taste again.
- Take off heat and place in a jar. Store in the fridge to allow it to thicken further.
- Enjoy 1-2 tbsp per person.