One of four delicious recipes for dinner that has been produced in collaboration with Farmdrop, an online grocer and delivery service with a focus on food sourced from local farmers, fishermen and other producers.
These recipes are ideal for keeping for lunch the next day too – perfect for meal prepping or for those heading back to the office.
Showcasing the best seasonal produce from Farmdrop, these autumnal dishes work as part of Second Nature’s easy to follow programme that helps to build healthy habits that last, while still enjoying delicious food.
Recipe: Warm salmon, beetroot & freekeh salad
Prep and cooking time: 40 mins
- 250g raw beetroot, plus some beetroot stalks and leaves if you have them
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 40g Zaytoun smoky freekeh or plain freekeh
- 2 salmon fillets
- 50g rocket
- 50g creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan / gas mark 7. Peel and chop beetroot into bite sized chunks. Toss in a little olive oil and salt, and roast until tender – about 30mins. If you have bunched beetroot, wash and chop the stalks and leaves from one beetroot – add these to the roasting dish for a further 5-7 mins, along with the beetroot chunks.
- Cook the freekeh in boiling salted water for 10-12mins, or until tender. Drain well.
- Line a baking tray with paper and place the salmon fillets skin side up, pat dry, drizzle with a little oil, and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Roast in the oven for 7-8mins, or until the flesh flakes easily. You can discard the skin if you prefer.
- To make the dressing, mix the creme fraiche, capers, lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp of water in a small dish. Add a little more water if needed to make a drizzle-able consistency.
- Toss the warm beetroot, beetroot stalks, freekeh, and rocket together. Divide between bowls, top with a salmon fillet, and drizzle with the dressing.