For a crunchy, savoury snack, try our seed crackers. Unlike traditional crackers, these contain purely ground seeds, whole seeds, and olive oil, making them a naturally low-carbohydrate option. These crackers are suitable for vegan individuals.
Recipe: Seed crackers
Prep and cooking time: 45 mins
- 40g chia seeds
- 35g sunflower seeds
- 35g pumpkin seeds
- 30g ground flaxseed
- 170ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan.
- Mix together all the ingredients, and add a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Leave it for 15mins for the water to soften and bind the seeds.
- Tip the seeds out onto a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Cover the top with another piece of baking paper.
- Roll or press the seeds down firmly (0.4cm thickness).
- Take off the top layer of baking paper (but don’t throw it away), and score the flattened seeds into squares, roughly 2/3 deep.
- Bake for 20mins and take it out of the oven. Place the saved baking paper on top of the half-cooked seeds. Carefully flip the sandwiched seeds so the bottom layer becomes the top.
- Slide the seeds back onto the baking tray, remove the top piece of baking paper, and bake for another 20mins until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. Cut the crackers the rest of the way down the scored lines, into squares and store in an airtight container.
- Consume within one to two weeks.