This delicious dip is a great way to add some extra vegetables to your daily intake. Pair it with our seed crackers or veggie sticks for a satisfying snack. Try making a large amount of baba ghanoush on the weekend and keeping it in the fridge, ready for when you want a snack. It can also make a great side dish to throw-together meals.
Recipe: Baba Ghanoush
Prep and cooking time: 50 mins
- 2 aubergines, whole
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to grill.
- Poke holes in the aubergines and place the whole aubergines on a nonstick baking tray and under the grill for roughly 10mins each side. The aubergines should be slightly blackened and softened.
- Take the aubergine out of the oven and set aside on to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and olive oil in a mixing bowl, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cut the aubergines in half and scoop out the flesh. You can blend the final product but we prefer the texture of the aubergine not blended.
- Add the aubergine flesh to the tahini mixture and serve with fresh parsley on top.
- Enjoy with radish, cucumber, peppers or a cheese biscuit for a delicious snack!