This chocolate mug cake is a great quick option if you’re craving an indulgent dessert or snack, but want to stick to your healthy eating plan.
Recipe: Mug cake
Prep and cooking time: 15 mins
- 4 tbsp ground almonds or fine oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 egg or chia ‘egg’
- 2 tbsp 70-85% large chocolate chips or 3-4 squares, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 100g strawberries, sliced
- Mix the almonds and cocoa powder in a large mug until well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in order and a tiny pinch of salt, and mix well.
- Heat for 50-60secs (watching so it doesn’t rise above the lip of the mug). If it starts to rise to the top, pause the microwave, let it deflate and continue. Heat for a total of 2mins. It should stop rising after the first 1min but continue to watch for the final 1min.
Second Nature Special Tip:
Enjoy topped with a small handful of strawberries.