Our NHS and Partnerships team asked if there was such a thing as a healthy hobnob. So, we added 100g dark chocolate to our Anzac cookies and birthed the Fobnob (fake hobnob). We highly recommend pairing them with a delicious cuppa and enjoying mindfully, of course. Plus, they are vegan-friendly!
Prep and cooking time: 35 mins
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 160g rolled oats or gluten free oats
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 60g ground almonds
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 80-100g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
- In a large mixing bowl add the banana, oats, coconut, ground almonds and a pinch of salt.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla, water and baking soda.
- Place baking paper on a baking tray and form the cookies into 1-1.5 tbsp sized balls and flatten slightly.
- Pop the baking tray in the oven and bake for 30mins.
- In a small heat proof bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or over a double boiler.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on the baking tray before coating them with the melted dark chocolate using a teaspoon.
- Let the chocolate set and enjoy!