This delicious, refreshing dessert is a perfect festive treat that will be popular with the whole family without any added sugar.
Recipe: Dark chocolate mint bark
Prep and cooking time: 2 hours (including chill time)
- 200g dark chocolate (85%+)
- 30ml coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 100g almonds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a saucepan.
- Once melted, stir in the coconut oil, mint extract, and half the crushed almonds.
- Line a large baking tray/tin with baking paper and pour in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining crushed almonds and sea salt.
- Let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Break and enjoy!
In the dark chocolate mint bark recipe, why do we preheat the oven? Is the first step needed at all, because lining the baking tray is also in Step 4?