These 3-ingredient Easter treats taste as indulgent as traditional Easter eggs but don’t contain any of the sugar. Swap ultra-processed, sugary chocolate Easter eggs for these bounty bites to stay on track with your healthy eating plan.
Recipe: Bounty Easter eggs
Prep and cooking time: 30 mins
- 75g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave for approximately 90secs, or over a double boiler for 2-3mins.
- Melt the coconut oil in a different heatproof bowl for 30-45secs, until just melted.
- Mix the desiccated coconut into the coconut oil, and pop it into the fridge for 5-10mins, or until the coconut oil has hardened slightly.
- Using a small teaspoon, scoop the hardened coconut oil mixture out of the bowl to help you form balls. If using moulds, scoop the coconut mixture out with the teaspoon directly into a mould and flatten.
- If making balls, use your hands to make little balls with the spooned out coconut mixture. It will melt slightly with the heat of your hands but that will help it mould.
- Once the balls are formed, use a different clean teaspoon, and pop the balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Lightly cover with them, and place onto a baking paper-lined tray. Pop them into the fridge, and serve from the fridge.