A family favourite – this delicious banana bread is a lower-carb, lower-sugar option that everyone will love. The almond flour gives a delicious, dense texture and combined with the pecans, oats, and bananas, make this bake high in fibre. Fibre keeps us feeling fuller for longer, reducing our chances of snacking.
Recipe: Banana bread
Prep and cooking time: 50 mins
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 80g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 80g porridge oats or gluten free oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g pecans, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced lengthways (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the bananas to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the eggs, cooled melted butter, and vanilla and stir well.
- Add the almond flour, oats, pinch of salt, baking powder, stir well.
- Add the pecans and stir lightly.
- Place the banana on top (if using), inside facing up.
- Bake for 40mins or until golden on top.
Second Nature Special Tip:
Enjoy with a tbsp of nut butter, yoghurt and or blueberries!