Recipe: Anzac cookies
Prep and cooking time: 35 mins
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 160g rolled oats or gluten free oats
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 60g ground almonds
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
- In a large mixing bowl add the banana, oats, coconut, ground almonds and a pinch of salt.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla, water and baking soda.
- Place baking paper on a baking tray and form the cookies into 16 golf ball sized balls and flatten lightly.
- Pop the baking tray in the oven and bake for 30mins. Allow to cool on the baking tray before eating or they will break apart.