Recipe: One pot fish with fennel and black olives
Prep and cooking time: 25mins
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- 1 handful of kale, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml fish or veg stock
- 30g black olives, sliced
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ sliced into wedges
- 2 cod fillets
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large deep dish frying pan, over medium heat.
- Fry the fennel and cook for 5-8mins, or until softened.
- Add the onion and garlic for 1min, or until softened and lightly coloured.
- Add the Italian seasoning and stir.
- Add the courgette, kale, tinned tomatoes, fish stock, olives and lemon juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper, stir until combined.
- Make 2 holes in the tomato sauce for the cod fillets and add the fillets. Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook on low/medium for 8-10mins until the cod flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley. Enjoy as a carb free meal or with 1 portion of new potatoes, mash potato or brown rice.