Recipe: One pot fish with fennel and black olives
Prep and cooking time: 25mins
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- 1 handful of kale, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml fish or veg stock
- 30g black olives, sliced
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ sliced into wedges
- 2 cod fillets
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large deep dish frying pan, over medium heat.
- Fry the fennel and cook for 5-8mins, or until softened.
- Add the onion and garlic for 1min, or until softened and lightly coloured.
- Add the Italian seasoning and stir.
- Add the courgette, kale, tinned tomatoes, fish stock, olives and lemon juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper, stir until combined.
- Make 2 holes in the tomato sauce for the cod fillets and add the fillets. Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook on low/medium for 8-10mins until the cod flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley. Enjoy as a carb free meal or with 1 portion of new potatoes, mash potato or brown rice.
Hi. I am interested in trying second nature in order to lose weight. I have had a look at your recipes – most are for 2 or 4 people. If I join, do you provide recipes which can be made for one person? I will want to eat fresh and different food – not warmed up the next day. Thanks, Clare.
Thanks for your comment and interest in our programme!
We do have single-serving recipes in our recipe catalog. We also provide nutritional guidelines which can be used to find recipes you’d like to make, or to adjust recipes you already enjoy making.
For more information, you can take our health quiz here, or email email@example.com with any questions 🙂
I would like to try these interesting recipes to help me lose weight and help with gout.
Hi Jean Marie, we hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you’re interested in learning more about our programme and gaining full access to our recipe catalog, please click here 🙂
Please send me a weight loss plan.
Hi Sally, thanks for your comment! To find out more and get signed up to the Second Nature programme, please take our health quiz here