This is an indulgent dish that pairs well with lightly cooked green vegetables as a special meal.
Recipe: Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Prep and cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced or minced
- 90g (3-4 tbsp) plain cream cheese
- 1 handful spinach, finely sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced (optional)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4-6 thin slices prosciutto or
- green vegetable of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Gently heat 1 tbsp of butter and the garlic in a small pan to make garlic butter.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, spinach, lime juice, and a little salt and pepper. Add the butter and chilli (if using), and mix well.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts horizontally to create a pocket and stuff with the mixture. Wrap each breast with 2-3 slices of the prosciutto.
- Place the chicken on an oven-proof tray and bake for 20-25mins, or until cooked through.
- As the chicken nears completion, prepare and cook any green vegetables.
- Remove the chicken from the oven to rest, before serving with vegetables.
This is absolutely delicious – the whole family are raving about it. This is a keeper :0)