Our spin on this takeaway dish doesn’t skimp on flavour. We’ve balanced a full-bodied sauce with plenty of veggies to make this a weeknight meal everyone can enjoy.
Recipe: Butter chicken
Prep and cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely diced or minced
- 350g chicken breast or thigh, diced
- 2 tbsp tandoori paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 200ml chicken stock
- 100ml double cream
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 50g flaked almonds (optional)
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 200g spring greens or your favourite green veg
- Heat the oil in a lidded frying pan or saucepan, over medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic, until soft.
- Add the chicken and fry until browned.
- Stir in the tandoori and tomato paste.
- Pour in the stock and cream, and season with salt and pepper. Stir for 1-2mins.
- Add the cauliflower florets and reduce the heat to simmer, covered with a lid, for 10mins. Take the lid off and increase the heat for another 10mins, until the cauliflower is tender and the sauce has thickened and reduced. For a thicker sauce, double the cream to 200ml or use 100ml creme fraiche instead of cream.
- Serve with yoghurt, flaked almonds, coriander, and steamed spring greens.