Made all in one tray, this recipe is simple to put together with minimal cleanup. It’s also a great dish to have for leftovers.
Recipe: Peri Peri chicken and vegetables
Prep and cooking time: 1hr 10 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole medium chicken
- 1 lemon
- 300g potatoes, cut into chips
- 125ml medium peri peri sauce
- 3 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- 1 large handful fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Lightly oil a large roasting tray with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, in the tray, and stuff the cavity with the lemon. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the chicken with 2/3 of the peri peri sauce and roast for 30mins.
- Meanwhile, mix together the rest of the vegetables with a little salt, pepper, and the remaining peri peri sauce.
- Remove the chicken and glaze with the juice from the bottom of the roasting tray. Turn the potatoes and add in rest of the vegetables, cook for another 20-30mins.
- Check the chicken is cooked by piercing the biggest part of the thigh with a skewer or knife. If the juices run clear, it’s done. If it’s cloudy or pink, return to the oven for another 10-15mins.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.