Using only a few ingredients, this is a quick and easy meal that doesn’t hold back when it comes to flavour. Feel free to substitute in your favourite fresh vegetables.
Recipe: Cajun salmon and salsa
Prep and cooking time: 20-30 mins
- 2 fresh salmon fillets, deboned and skinned
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 medium corn cobs or 200g frozen or tinned sweetcorn
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, diced
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Place the salmon on an oven-proof tray or dish, and evenly sprinkle the Cajun seasoning and a little salt and pepper.
- Bake the fillets for 10-15mins (depending on the thickness of the fillet), or cook to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cook the corn in a microwave or boil in salted water for 3-5mins, until tender. Strain and set aside to cool. If using tinned corn, rinse and drain it instead.
- If using corn on the cob, use a sharp knife to slice down lengthways to remove the kernels.
- Place the corn, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and coriander in a bowl and add in a little salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil and lemon juice, and stir gently.
- Serve the salmon with the salsa and a lemon or lime wedge.