Recipe: Tomato soup
Prep and cooking time: 45 mins
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 x 400g tins whole or chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans
- 700ml water or vegetable stock
- 300 ml single cream
- Handful fresh basil, to serve
- Add the oil to a large saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and onions, and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and lower the heat to low/medium. Cook for 25 minutes to reduce the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Add the beans and stock, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cream, transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender until smooth.
- Top with the fresh basil and serve