Transform a pantry staple into these elegant bites, perfect for breakfast or a light midday meal. Makes 12 fritters.
Recipe: Sweetcorn fritters
Prep and cooking time: 30 mins
- 80g quick oats or gluten free oats
- 1⁄2 tsp ground paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp dried thyme (optional)
- 1 x 420g tin of corn, rinsed and drained
- 5 medium eggs
- 80g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add all the ingredients except the oil to a large bowl and mix well. Store in the fridge for 15mins or overnight if you have time, until sticky.
- Add 1/2 tsp of the oil to a large frying pan, over medium heat. Fry four of the fritters at time for 2-3mins each side.
- Eat hot or cold, and store leftovers in the fridge.