Recipe: Smashed chickpea cups
Prep and cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 heads little gem lettuce
- 1 x 400g tin Chickpeas rinsed, drained and smashed
- ½ avocado, smashed
- 1 tbsp mayo or vegan mayo
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 large handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- After you rinse and drain your chickpeas, mash using a fork or potato masher.
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Scoop the smashed chickpea mixture into the lettuce cups and enjoy!