Take roasted vegetables to the next level with this recipe. A delicious and impressive addition to your roast dinners.
Recipe: Hasselback vegetables
Prep and cooking time: 25 mins
- 750g mixed root vegetables (parsnips, carrots, beetroot), scrubbed
- 250g sweet potato, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully make horizontal slices through the vegetables, roughly 2mm apart, going two-thirds of the way through to keep the vegetables from breaking apart.
- Arrange the vegetables in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil (ensuring it gets in between the slices) and sprinkle with garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 60 mins or until the vegetables are cooked through.