Recipe: Halloumi and chermoula traybake
Prep and cooking time: 40 mins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large handful fresh coriander (stalks included)
- 1 large handful fresh parsley (stalks included)
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 1/2 tbsp (40ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 courgettes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 red peppers, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 block halloumi, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C fan.
- Prepare the chermoula by adding the garlic, coriander, parsley, paprika, cumin, lemon zest and juice, the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- In a baking dish, combine the aubergine, zucchini, red pepper, red onion and chickpeas, mix through the chermoula evenly and bake in the oven for 30-40mins, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the sliced halloumi on top of the vegetables and bake for a further 15mins, or until the halloumi is lightly golden. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
I have a coeliac diet