A great way to use up any leftover veg from your Christmas or roast dinner. Feel free to use plant-based sausages to keep this recipe meat-free.
Recipe: Roasted vegetable hash
Prep and cooking time: 25 mins
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 500g mixed roasted vegetables, finely diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (if not already in your roasted vegetables)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 200g leftover stuffing or 4 sausages (meat removed from the skin, cooked)
- 4 eggs
- In a large non-stick, oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Fry the onion and garlic (if not already cooked in with the roasted veg).
- Add the leftover stuffing or sausage and lightly season with salt and pepper
- Add the finely diced roast veg to the pan and mash to incorporate together. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to the top and place under the grill until golden and crispy.
- Serve with fried or poached eggs.