Based on a traditional Hungarian stew, this warming soup is packed full of flavour and filled with tender, slow-cooked beef. Get creative with the vegetables in this soup and add your favourites in!
Recipe: Goulash Soup
Prep and cooking time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced or minced
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 400g diced beef
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1L beef stock
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g potatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 100g plain natural or Greek yoghurt
- 50g fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan, over medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic, and paprika, until softened.
- Add the beef and stir until evenly browned. Add the mushrooms and carrots, and cook until softened.
- Pour in the stock and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for up to 1hr.
- Add the potatoes and cook uncovered for 20- 30mins, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Ladle into bowls, and top with a spoonful of yoghurt and chopped parsley.