Recipe: Beetroot hummus
Prep and cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 300g cooked beetroot or 3-4 precooked beetroot balls
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small handful fresh parsley or mint, roughly chopped to serve
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and season well with salt and pepper.
- Blend or blitz until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste and blend or blitz again.