Tender steak with crunchy greens and Asian flavours are the perfect combination. Try this base with different vegetables and proteins for a ‘go to’ stir fry that feels different every time you have it.
Recipe: Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
Prep and cooking time: 20 mins
- 320g tender-stem broccoli
- 500g flank or rump steak
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced or minced
- 6cm fresh ginger, minced
- 1 handful fresh coriander, stems finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Place the broccoli in a heatproof bowl, cutting any thicker pieces in half lengthways. Cover with boiling water, add a pinch of salt, and leave for 10mins. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the steaks into finger-sized strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large frying pan, over a medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic, ginger, and chopped coriander stems, until slightly softened.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil, and steak, and fry for 1-2mins, until lightly browned. Add the broccoli and fry for a further 2mins.
- Add the soy sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, and the coriander. Toss together until well mixed.
- Serve with sliced chilli on top and a squeeze of lime juice.