This Greek-inspired salad can be eaten cold or warm, and is quick and easy to prepare as a last-minute meal.
Recipe: Warm Lamb Salad
Prep and cooking time: 20 mins
- 200g plain Greek yoghurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced or minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g lamb fillet or leg steaks
- 4 handfuls (100g) baby spinach and/or salad leaves
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- Combine the Greek yoghurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, and cook to your liking (or 3mins each side). Cover with foil and set aside.
- Mix the spinach, red onion, tomatoes, and red pepper in a large bowl. Dress with half the yoghurt dressing.
- Slice the lamb diagonally into pieces and add to the salad, along with any juice from the pan.
- Serve with extra dressing on the side.